- Continuum with Blues : for electric guitar and active notation system
- Self Portrait : for networked ensemble of 7 or more players
- Facts of Life [ongoing]: for instruments and active notation system
- Online Presentation about Facts of Life [ongoing]
- Fifteen Images (Le Jardin Pluvieux) : piano
- Preview the score for Fifteen Images (Le Jardin Pluvieux) here
“Nigel Morgan is a composer working at the heart of contemporary concert music in the UK. His current worklist of some 90 compositions includes many commissioned works in orchestral, chamber, vocal and digital media categories. In the 1980s as the Arts Council’s Music Animateur for the East of England he began an association with new technology, recording and performance that has become a continuous thread in his creative output, most recently in project work with the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and the ILIOS Festival. His music consistently reflects innovative and original approaches to composition often enabling performers to make a deeper contribution to interpretation than is the norm in contemporary scores. His music celebrates and re-invents many of the aspects of Renaissance and Baroque music whilst integrating novel features of open-form and computer-aided algorithmic composition. He has been a co-developer of the Symbolic Composer software for Macintosh since 1990 and is a member the research team of the Future Music Lab at Plymouth University’s Interdisciplinary Centre for Computer Music Research. “
1. “Biography,” nigel-morgan.co.uk, accessed November 30, 2013, http://www.nigel-morgan.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=203.